Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday! Linky

I've been completely off for one week (except for Monday which I just remembered). I spent this week doing things around the house which usually get neglected. This means that the things that usually get done are not done. I just replaced them with things you can't see with the naked eye.

Such as cleaning out the closets, painting trim, and trying out dozens of recipes from pinterest that I usually wouldn't invest the time in!

These are my five pictures that show what my week has been like:

It's a little embarrassing that most of these pictures are food. At least they're healthy food. I didn't take pictures of the apple strudel I made or the wine I drank all night. That's NSFB: not suitable for blog.)

I have cut up more zucchini this week thanI have in my whole lifetime. I tried three different recipes for zucchini chips (I have a thing for chips) but I can't get it right!


This is one of the recipes I tried. It was tasty immediately out of the oven, but it took them no time to get kind of gummy.



 Then I tried this recipe I found on pinterest, too! The original recipe came from FoodGawker. I left out the potatoes, though, and just used squash, zucchini, tomato, and onion. It was pretty tasty, but then, I like anything with parmesan on top!



This is my sneaky dog, Penny. She knows she's not supposed to be up there. We invited my family over last weekend and we were all sitting outside on the patio. When we came in for dinner, I left the cushions (which I usually put in the deck box for just this reason!) on the chairs. I looked outside and saw naughty Penny enjoying her evening.


And I think this is my mostest favoritest picture of all! My brother and sister-in-law are pregnant! They're due to have a little girl in September, and I've been a shopaholic. I bought the most adorable shoes at JC Penney last week. Couldn't help myself!


That's my week. Mostly food, a little family, and some time in the yard!
Now go check out all the other link-ups at Doodle Bugs!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I"ve tried zucchini chips too, a few times. They were alright but I couldn't get them crunchy. Maybe cook a little longer? I'll try again over the summer (still teaching here!).
    Thanks for the reminder!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini is one of my all time favorite foods. If you master the zucchini chips, please let us know the secret.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food pictures--no problem! Looks delish! Just found you through Five for Friday and am a new follower... Funny about the pup--they do have minds of their own...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squash, zucchini, tomato and onion dish looks amazing!!! I found you through the Five for Friday link :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ! I love the shoes!! Too cute. I love to buy shoes for my little girls. It is so much fun!
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...I admit I had to click on this blog entry to read BECAUSE of that first pic of zucchini!! I love zucchini! Can't wait to see more of your kitchen creations :) Congratulations on the little niece on the way! I can't wait till I have a niece or nephew!!
    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete