Sunday, April 14, 2013

WILD About Reading!

In my classroom, I always used Reader's Workshop. I included shared reading, read alouds, independent reading and guided reading, and word study. To help teachers set up their Reader's Workshop and independent reading components, I put together this jungle safari themed "WILD about Reading" Pack! 

It's so hard to fit everything in one image!
In the pack are student sheets, teacher resources, printable posters & cards, bulletin board materials, and student response bookmarks! This is the full listing of materials included:
-Reader’s Notebook Cover
- Sample Anchor Charts
- Reading Survey
- Myself as a Reader 
- Genre Graph
- Genre Bingo Recording Sheet
- My Reading Goals
- Choosing a Just Right Book
- Book Pass Activity & Recording Sheet
- 2 different versions of bunting banner
- 4 and 5-day versions of Home Reading Record
- 25 Book Club: directions, recording log, 
  recommendation sheet, and bulletin board 
  recognition materials
- Independent Reading Rubric
- Independent Reading Record
- Response Ideas Poster
- 2 different fiction summary posters
- Independent Reading Response Sheet, M-F
- Guided Reading Strategy Cards for Prompting
- Book club Roles & Responsibilities
- Book Club Accountability Sheet
- 6 Bookmarks for recording thoughts during independent reading (connections, visualizing, summaries, questions, predictions, characters, facts)
- “WILD” printable bookmarks
-Teacher Materials: Conference Record Sheet, Library Check-in/out
- Bulletin Board Materials: What is Reading?

I'm excited about this pack. So excited that I'd like to give it out to the first five responders! Leave a comment below with your email address and the answer to this question: What's your favorite read aloud?
Grab it at TPT or Teacher's Notebook!
Happy Sunday!
Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Would love! Looks adorable! misspeare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks GREAT!! WOW! ryanandamandajo@gmail.com
    Amanda
    Mrs. Richardson's Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my favorite read aloud is.....goodness....there are TONS!!....um....I'll go with Lily's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes!

      Delete
  3. My favorite read aloud is Tikki Tikki Tembo! The kids LOVE it, and you can use it to teach so many reading strategies.

    Your pack looks amazing!

    teachingwithamountainview@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wild about reading! My favorite Read aloud..... Hey Little Ant! It has a lot of goodies....

    Also, Kunffle Bunny, or maybe Piggy and Elephant... So many to choose from .

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What an awesome looking unit! One of my favorite read aloud is "Sideways Stories from Wayside School". The kids think is hilarious!
    ~Lorraine
    rainee2011@gmail.com
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies
    Visit my facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite read aloud is James and the Giant Peach! mstegeler@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized I was number 6 :(

      Delete
    2. Tracy you may have a chance because the first person didn't answer the question.
      James and the Giant Peach is great!

      Delete
  7. OOO my favorite read aloud has to be Beverly Clearly books...any of them! Also the Wizard of Oz and right now I am loving Lemonade War!

    Carmen
    carmen.zeisler@mcpherson.com
    www.exploringthirdgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I love to read aloud might have to be The Most Wonderful Thing...super sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! And favorite read aloud is "The Chocolate Touch"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have several favorite read alouds - I love to read Piggy Pie so I can use my witchy voice.... :o)

    Cindy
    ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love reading Sideways Stories from Wayside School! So funny!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome! I know there are already 5 but I think I will share anyway...I love reading Love you Forever especially around mother's day. Although it's hard to get through since I've lost my mom. :o(
    There are so many good ones though!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky, that would be so tough. Have you read Someday by Alison McGhee? Oh, gosh, it tears me up. Starts out simply, but then all of a sudden, BAM!

      http://www.amazon.com/Someday-Alison-McGhee/dp/1416928111

      in case you're interested, but it's definitely hard to get through, too.

      Delete
  13. My favorite read aloud is old school... I love "Summer of the Monkeys" by Wilson Rawls. I can never make it through "Where the Red Fern Grows" as a read aloud but this book has his wonderful writing, humor and adventure and the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Tiki Tiki Timbo.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    This looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete