Saturday, December 22, 2012

On the tenth day of Christmas, Ms. B gave to ME

On the tenth day of Christmas, Ms. B gave to me... a story and a penguin suffix activity!

Thursday was an interesting day. I was stationed out in hallway to monitor and make sure students were never by themselves and all doors remained locked. There were several monitors in other places, too, to make sure that visitors didn’t go past the office.

It was going to be a long day. I was prepared with my fully charged walkie-talkie, laptop, bag o’ teacher stuff, cup of coffee, and cookies from our lovely custodian.

I sat on the corner at my table and worked in-between walking students to the restroom and running errands when teachers needed something.

Mid-day, there was a little presentation in the gym.  The kids, excited to perform, sashayed down the hallway wearing antlers, red noses, and big goofy grins. They passed my table and waved crazily.

“Are you going to sing?” I asked.

“Yes! We sing Must Be Santa Claus!”

“How fun!”

“Yeah. You’re pretty.”

I was surprised by this sudden compliment.

“Thank you!” I said.

“Yeah,” another kid said. “I like your voice.”

“Wow!” I said. “What a great day for compliments!”

“Yeah. Can I have a cookie?”

Mm-humph! Cookie wranglers. Should’ve known. 



Freebie!
South Pole Suffixes! Grab it free at TPT until midnight.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those rascally kids! This looks cute, can't wait to snag it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET students.... :)
    THANKS FOR THE FREEBIE! Stop by anytime! SMILES!

    ReplyDelete