Monday, December 17, 2012

On the fifth day of Christmas, Ms. B gave to ME...

On the fifth day of Christmas, Ms. B gave to me... a cute Christmas song and a fact family math freebie!

When I was a kid, we had a tape player and a little white tape called Christmas on Sesame Street, or something similar. I listened to this tape over and over. One of my favorite stories was the one where Ernie and Bert realize they have to buy each other something for Christmas. Ernie trades his rubber duckie for a cigar box for Bert's paperclip collection. Bert trades his paperclip collection for a soap dish for Ernie's rubber duckie. In the end, Mr. Hooper saves the day by giving them both their things back, as presents. It's pretty sweet.

Oscar sings a song about hating Christmas, Snuffleupagus forgets what his true love gave to him on the 12th day of Christmas, and the all the Count wants for Christmas is his two front teeth. Very cute.

This year, I became nostalgic for that music. I hunted on spotify and I thought I found it. Until I realized that many of the parts previously sung by Grover or Ernie had been replaced by Elmo, and the story of Ernie & Bert's gifts was completely substituted for a song by Elmo as well. Nothing against Elmo, but I wanted my original Sesame Street Christmas. 

Fortunately, I found it. The original album, pink soapdish and all, is also on Spotify, if you know what to look for. And to share with you, here is a little video of the Sesame Street Christmas Pageant. Cracks me up every time.


Freebie!
Reindeer Fact Family Activity
Grab it free at TPT until midnight!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Nice going!! You found it! I also love classic Sesame Street stuff. Kind of wish they didn't feel like they have to put Elmo in the middle of everything all the time these days. He's cute, but wen I was a kid, Big Bird was the star of the show! ;) You should look for the Christmas Eve special on Youtube too. ;)

    Jessica
    www.learninmetamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete