Sunday, December 23, 2012

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Ms. B gave to ME * Linky Party!

On the eleventh day of Christmas, Ms. B gave to me... a story and a freebie!

Today  I was putting together a silly little post, but then I saw this great linky party from Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge and decided it would be a better use of my time :)



Lots of BESTS happened this year. Here are a few:

My BEST (most visited post) from the last year was
Dun, Dun, Dunn! Fractions! It had a bazillion hits. Apparently, people have issues with fractions and liked the foldable that I shared there!



My BEST product from the last year was my Community & Citizenship Pack. I was kind of surprised by this. I think my favorite part of the pack is the brochure for different types of communities. I just really get a kick out of that stuff!

My BEST news that I shared on my blog was also kind of the saddest news.
I was offered a position as a Literacy Lead on a different campus and decided to leave my beloved school (and kids, and colleagues) to work somewhere else. It was a good decision, and I believe I'm doing what God has asked me to do, but I do still miss my babies and buddies. I get kind of depressed, not having kids of my own. So occasionally, I have to go borrow someone else's and model some lessons. In a way, it's nice. But I miss having babies of my own.


My BEST freebie, the one that was downloaded the most with over 5600 downloads was 
It kind of makes me wonder. How many of scour the internet, looking for ways to involve food in our jobs? Do we search and search for hours, using keyword phrases like "cinnamon rolls + poetry" or "Oreo cookies + phases of the moon". I think we're on to something here. Definitely.

My BEST blog buddies were
Natalie from Teachery Tidbits

There are lots of other GREAT bloggers who I've appreciated this year, but those two popped up in my brain right away!

Also, grab your freebie!
A whole pack for genre study!
Genre Study Printable Book
Grab it free at TPT until midnight!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. So as the teacher librarian I understand that not having your "own" kids. I have my frequent visitors that are so much fun to share books with. But to get access to the less frequent visitors ... the kids who ALSO need me ... I must convince the classroom teacher I can make it worth their while! Thanks for stopping by. I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fraction foldable! I am also heading over to check out the genre study. Thank you for the great freebies and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up on my site Ms.B! This is a great freebie :) I've bookmarked it to use during student teaching!! Hope you had a great holiday season :)

    Best wishes

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fraction foldable! Aren't foldables fun to do? :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I'd love for you to come link up with my Resolution Solution Linky Party!


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete