Sunday, March 4, 2012

Author's Purpose and Awards *Freebie

Two things today:
One - I finished my Author's Purpose Pack!
I'm super excited to use it this week with my kids (we're working with persuasive text).
(I got Smiley Monster font from Kevin and Amanda and I couldn't wait to use it :)

For sale at TPT and Teacher's Notebook.
And a freebie for you! 
Author's Purpose: Brief persuasive text with four comprehension questions, plus answer key.
Grab it at TPT.
Just leave me some feedback or a rating! :)



AND! Lalalalala
Awards!
I received two awards this week:

 Top Ten from Think, Wonder, and Teach! (complete with a really really nice description of my blog!)



From the award's title, I'm inferring I need to choose 10 to send it to.

The One Lovely Blog Award, from Bee The Change! This blog has the best theme ever. (Bees.)
and from Teachery Tidbits! who, by the way has the CUTEST spring themed long vowel/short vowel sorts. Which I unfortunately need.


These are the rules:
1. Link to the person that gave it to you. (Duh)
2. Follow the person that gave it to you. (Duh)
3. Pass to 15 others. (That's a lot)


So I'm combining.
These are some awesome blogs to visit all the time. I'm trying to avoid the ones that just won one of these awards.

Miss B, Busy Bee (I'm partial to bees)


Busy as a Honey Bee (who also posts interesting tidbits about personal tips)


The 3am Teacher (amazing clipart, some of it free!)


First in Maine (cute new Blueberries for Sal blog theme!)






Herding Kats in Kindergarten (check out her CUTE truffala tree!)


Fabulous Fourth Grade Froggies: Great writing camp post recently!


Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher (great stuff, especially for math)


Finding Joy in 6th Grade: Thorough posts with great ideas.


Miss Squirrels: Going Nutty! (The title alone should tell you why I like this blog.)


2B Honey Bunch (also The Best Endings blog!)


I promise, though, I am going to write more about my mom. She's a real piece of work and I got a lot of feedback about her. I don't think I'll tell her yet, though. Don't want her reading my post about her.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I am very blessed.

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author's purpose pack looks awesome! Thanks for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award! I'm always a busy bee but I'll post back thanking you! I'm going to do a giveaway tomorrow so check back!
    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave you the Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog to pick up your prize!
    http://begborrowandteach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award! :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've nominated you for two awards. Check out the post at http://firstgradefrosting.blogspot.com/2012/03/last-chance-giveaway-awards.html

    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the awards! I want you to know i read your blog every day and am always looking forward to the next post! You are too kind for sure!

    Its amazing how one tiny little thing can make you feel so good about blogging! Thanks for making my day!

    -Simone @ busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, you are so sweet! Thanks for the awards. I love your author's purpose pack and have added it to my wish list.

    2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

    ReplyDelete