Friday, February 24, 2012

Lotsa Stuff Plus Linky Party! *Point of View Freebie

Kids say goofy things. It's cause they just don't know. Like, anything.
Oh, I'm kidding. Loosen up.

Several years ago, we were starting a project about Black History Month. We talked about some African Americans that would be good choices to learn about. One student said, "Michael Jackson?"
I said, "Sure."
Ruben said, "Michael Jackson is black?!"
"Yes," I said.
"Oh." world rocked

Then he asked, "Well...I think I'd rather do Abraham Lincoln."
I paused...big mistake....
Someone shouted, "Abraham Lincoln wasn't black!"
Ruben shouted back, "Well, why'd he free the slaves, then?!"

Worst part: these were fourth graders.

But this is my mini darndest thing kids say thing, cause I'm linking up with Kindergarten Lifestyle's cute cute cute linky party:


Again, concerning Abraham Lincoln.
Who was a black man in the 1980s.
*Yes, I saw the typo - I left out a word. I'm not gonna make the graphic again, though, so let's pretend it's not messed up.*
Link up here!

I still haven't finished working with the kids on our amazing volcanoes. That should be about done by Wednesday. I'll take pictures; I promise.
But I did take pictures of this cute stuff:

I won this from an amazingly generous giveaway at Rachel's Room.
You can get your own cute stuff like this from The Jemzy Boutique. Wendy was so nice and friendly and did an adorable job putting together my little framed picture and personalized sanitizer!

I do promise that the next post will be instructional. I took a bunch of pictures of my guided reading setup and thought I'd put them up and talk about it a little.
Excited yet?
Yeah, I know.
You are.

I worked on a lot of teacher resources this week. It makes me happy for things to come together. And keeps me from crying about my kids who think that Abraham Lincoln was black and was still able to be president during a time of slavery.

I finished my Addition/Subtraction Missing Numbers Activity for St. Patrick's Day: Hunting for Four Leaf Clovers! In the center activity, kids have to use the numbers on the four leaf clovers to complete the addition and subtraction equations. Two practice handouts also included. (I just can't get enough of KPM Doodles. You can learn about my addiction *sniff sniff* here.)
Grab it here at TPT and here at Teacher's Notebook.

And today, I made some Point of View posters, to help kids remember the difference between First Person and Third Person.
And these.....are.....FREE!!
Here at TPT.
Just leave me some feedback or a rating or something. :)

Happy Weekend

8 comments:

  1. I love KPM Doodles. Between her and The 3 AM Teacher...well I should just give them my credit card :)


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha....I'll pretend for your sake! I promise it wasn't bugging me, though... :)

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so there with you! My 3rd graders think that Martin Luther King abolished slavery!!!! Every year I have to go through the whole spiel with them.

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my kids didn't even know what slavery was! Then I had a kid ask when is White History Month? hahaha.

    Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissy--thanks for the updated point of view posters! They're perfect :o) I really appreciate all your hard work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that Abraham Lincoln stuff isn't on a standardized test! :)

    2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

    ReplyDelete