Cause I'm sooooo sllllooooooowwwww.
I used to fake being sick during PE all the time
cause I hated it.
But today, it's the first time I've been tagged
and I'm actually excited about it.
Who caught me?
Kelley from Buggy for Second Grade did!
She tagged me and now I get to do this fun thing.
So here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Number 1. I already did. See above rules.
Number 2. Ok. I looked around and saw that somebody said it has to be facts I haven't already shared. Well, this is tricky because I'm kind of an open book and secrets manage to spew themselves onto the page. So let's see what happens...
- When I was a kid, I wrote a 'book' as in multiple chapters about a girl named Annie and her magical mirror that was a portal to fairyland (oh, god, it sounds worse than I thought).
- I grew up in a suburb of Dallas until I was 16, when I moved to El Paso. High school is the BEST time to move, ask anybody.
- I hate country music. Like, I HATE it.
- I have known my best friend since the second grade and she still lives near Dallas.
- My boyfriend is a photographer and he works for the same district as me.
- My friend did a goofy superstitious trick on my with a necklace and it said that I'm going to have three kids in this order: a girl, a boy, and a girl. I'll let you know.
- I've taught in the same school for nine years. This is my first year in third grade.
- I hate to pay for pedicures but I also love pedicures so I get them as a special treat, like twice a year, and I do it myself the rest of the time. I figured out how to do those little flowers, but nothing complicated.
- I have a constant battle waged with my body that wants to be larger than I want it to be. Or the doctor wants it to be. Or society wants it to be. I'm ok with slightly larger than the doctor and society want, but that's still slightly smaller than I am now.
- One of these battles involves sugar. That's why I'm on low-carb (again. I never should've stopped, but you know how when you fall in love you eat whatever he wants to eat? Yeah, three years ago and it's been downhill since then.)
- My favorite teacher was Mrs. Tricoli in fourth grade. She had an awesome gumball machine that somebody broke. She thought it was my best friend, but my best friend said it was Cedric. Cedric was the smartest kid (we competed for grades) but now he doesn't really do anything.
- 12 facts is a lot. I love the changes of the seasons more than I love the actual season. Like right now, I'm super excited that it's going to be spring soon, but a month in, I'll be ready for a change. Then I'll be excited that it's summer, and a month later, I'll be begging for fall.
Yeesh that was tough.
Number 3: Here are the questions I'm supposed to answer.
1. What is your favorite T.V show?
My favorite TV showof all time is Arrested Development. Hil-arious. But my favorite current TV show is probably Fringe? Maybe? I'm not good at favorites. Too moody.
2. Do you have any hobbies?
I am going to sound like the most boring person ever. All my hobbies involve schoolish stuff like a nerd. I love to read and write, watch a ton of TV (that's a new one. I'm broadening my horizons) mostly comedies. I like to blog? Does that count? Gosh, I'm boring. OH! I love board games, but it can be hard to get people to play.
3. What was your New Years Resolution?
I didn't have one! I HATE THEM.
I had some things to think about (my faith, being nicer, being present) but I didn't actually make any resolutions. Because I never keep them.
I forget them, usually.
4. Are you a dog or cat person?
I actually enjoy both, depending on my mood. Although my lifestyle is more suited to a cat.
I have two of each. Penny and Lucy are dogs. Penny (my precious baby with diabetes from my previous post) is a dachsund and Lucy is a border collie and sooo smart.
My cats are Jeannie and the Professor. (You have to say the 'the') The Professor is smart - he tries to open doors - but he's not very nice to Jeannie. Jeannie likes to talk to people
but not actually be touched by them.
5. What is one color that describes you?
Oh, dear. This sounds like an interview question.
I don't know.
When my friend and I went to New York, we went to the MnM store and found out what color MnM we were. She was cream. That's it. Cream.
We laughed so hard because she's always saying she's bland. HAHA
Mine was lilac, I think, which is funny because that's the color font I'm using.
But I don't know about that.
6. What type of music is playing in your car right now?
Indie? Not sure what you would call it. It's such a big category. These are the big names:
*Mumford & Sons
7. Favorite subject or unit to teach?
I love to teach writing. I think if we can use writing as a tool for all contents, kids will become better thinkers, students, AND writers. It's the subject we use to think about our thinking.
8. How many siblings do you have?
I have three brothers. Do I have to elaborate?
I am the oldest. I'm 30.
They are 26, 21, and 15.
So let's just say I have lots of child-rearing skills but no children of my own.
I am called 'second string mom'.
9. How did you husband propose to you?
Well, I'm not sure how to answer this question.
I'm not married!
But this is how my hunnybun Fernie should propose to me:
Buy an awesome old ring - nothing too fancy because I'm terrified I'll lose or ruin it-
I don't know.
That's as far as I can think.
I'm not good at this. It's a good thing I don't have to propose to anybody.
He'll figure it out.
10. What is your favorite drink?
I like wine. A lot.
I also like coffee, but it has to be flavored.
I also really like Diet Dr. Pepper.
11. What is your go-to blog or website for teaching?
This is tricky. I could go a lot of ways with this. I like...
12. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Ugh, what a toughy.
I think all my pleasures are guilty.
Maybe stupid comedies like The Kids in the Hall or The Whitest Kids U Know. They're pretty dumb sometimes, but I laugh.
These are the people I have managed to catch (for the first time ever) and tag.
1. Jill at Marvelous Multiagers
2. Mrs. McKown at Little Literacy Learners
3. Allyce at Teaching and Life: At the Beach
4. Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6
5. Mary at Pitner's Potpourri
6. Latricia at Wild About Second Grade
8. Jen at the Teacher's Cauldron
9. Lindsay at My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher
10. Lisa at Live, Laugh, and Love to Learn
11. Elisabeth at Tales of an Elementary Teacher
12. Denise at Yearn to Learn
These lovely ladies get to answer these questions:
1. What is the best part of teaching?
2. What's your favorite holiday?
3. Who is your best friend and why?
4. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
5. What's your favorite outfit?
6. What's your favorite breakfast? (calories non-existant)
7. What's your favorite TV show of all time?
8. What weird habit or behavior did you have as a kid? (I'm assuming everyone had at least one)
9. Siblings? How many?
10. Beatles or Elvis?
11. Beach or Mountains?
12. What's the BEST trip you've ever taken?
Now I'm off to tell them they have more work to do!
I'm so excited to see what everybody says!! :)