Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful Linky Party!


Wow! My first linky party! This one's hosted by What the Teacher Wants and Oh' Boy Fourth Grade! I've never done one before! Here goes - let's see if I do it right.



AND


What am I thankful for in my classroom?

I am thankful for a lot of things in my classroom. This year, I have twenty little people who are dropped off every day to learn something. Their parents have entrusted me (ME?!) with these little people, and hope that I’ll care about them and worry about them and help them grow just like they do. I’m thankful I have administration that lets me teach the way I believe is best and doesn’t micromanage me or shove testing down my throat. I’m thankful I work with these wonderful colleagues!

Third grade fruit for Halloween. I'm the pineapple!
As far as an item I'm thankful for - it's most DEFINITELY my ELMO document camera & projector. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It makes my teaching life so much better :)

What person am I most thankful for?

This is a tricky question! It’s the singular form of person that makes it so hard! I am a person who loves people, (aren’t all teachers?!) so I have to modify it to the people I’m most thankful for. That would be these people (my family at my brother’s wedding)



And this guy (the one who was taking the pictures!) Fernie is my boyfriend of three years. He’s a photographer who also works for my school district!


What three blogs are you most thankful for?

I think I have to put Amy Lemons first, because she was my introduction into the world of teacher blogs! Everything is sooooo cute and it makes me want to make my materials even cuter!






I also love A Teeny Tiny Teacher.



A Teeny Tiny Teacher
The writing style makes me happy !


And Pitner’s Potpourri always has great ideas and resources for third grade.




What guilty pleasure am I most thankful for?

Guilty pleasure… I don’t feel guilty about much, really. I don’t have a Twilight fetish or listen to the Backstreet Boys… Whipped cream? Marshmallows? Sugar in general? Yes, I think that’s my guiltiest pleasure. Sugar.

Such as this tasty hot chocolate with whipped cream from
my present-wrapping escapades earlier today

What am I most thankful for?

I’m pretty darn blessed! I’m thankful for my family and faith and all the wonderful people I am blessed to share with. I’m thankful for traditions that make me feel cozy and the enormous bookshelf in my living room that’s full of awesome books. I’m thankful I’m a teacher, because I can’t imagine any other career that would fill my heart and mind up as much as teaching does.


4 comments:

  1. Ok, really? I'm OBSESSED with you and your teams' Halloween costumes! ADORABLE!!!!
    Thank you for linking up!
    -Rachelle
    whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so honored you stopped by! The costumes were super fun to make. I can't tell you how excited I was to wear the ridiculous hat. We won second place in our grade level Halloween costume contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW! Thank you for the shout out!!!! :) You made my day!!
    And I'm so jealous that your administration doesn't micromanage you. LUCKY!!!! Is your school hiring???
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Pitner does always have great ideas!! I steal her stuff constantly!

    gingersnapstreatsforteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete